Our top tips on setting up a Facebook fundraiser
Last year over £1 billion was raised through Facebook fundraisers. Here are our top tips on making yours a success:
- Tell people why you’re fundraising. Share these statistics on loneliness and tell people why the cause means so much to you:
- Loneliness, living alone and poor social connections are as bad for your health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day (Holt-Lunstad, 2010).
- 2.2m people aged 75 and over live alone in the UK (ONS).
- Two fifths of older people (about 3.9 million) say the television is their main company. (A
- Talk about your own experience with the charity. Are you a volunteer or has someone you know life been changed by attending a tea party? Sharing a real story will encourage more people to donate.
- Share with your family and friends. Once your page has been set up, get other volunteers and family to share it on their social media.
- Set a target and regularly update people on how you are doing. Don’t forget to thank everyone who donates.
Back to news results